To give learners the skills, knowledge & attitude to
• report on the integrity of explosion-protected equipment in a hazardous area
• attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas – coal mining
• install explosion-protected equipment and wiring systems – coal mining
• maintain equipment in hazardous areas – coal mining
• conduct testing of hazardous areas installations – coal mining
• conduct visual & detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations – coal mining
This course consists of National Units of Competency.
At the completion the course, if the learner complies with all the course prerequisites & is deemed competent they will receive a Statement of Attainment for the competencies listed.
This Competency Standard Unit covers the explosion-protection aspects of plant and machinery operation or maintenance. It requires the ability to visually identify any damage or deterioration of explosion-protected equipment, monitor equipment and plant in relation to changes in the explosion hazard and to follow procedures to limit the risk of an explosion.