To give learners the skills, knowledge & attitude to
• identify hazardous area’s
• identify the explosion-protection aspects of plant and machinery in hazardous area’s
• be aware of the requirement of monitoring equipment and plant in the explosion hazardous area’s
• report on the integrity of explosion-protected equipment in a hazardous area’s
• covering aspects of MDG 28
This course consists of National Units of Competency.
At the completion the course, if the learner complies with all the course prerequisites & is deemed competent they will receive a Statement of Attainment for the competencies listed.
This Competency Standard Unit covers the explosion-protection aspects of plant and machinery operation or maintenance. It requires the ability to visually identify any damage or deterioration of explosion-protected equipment, monitor equipment and plant in relation to changes in the explosion hazard and to follow procedures to limit the risk of an explosion.